- To bicker is to squabble or fight, especially about something minor in importance.
Having a fight about who is taller is an example of a time when you bicker.
A bickering couple.
bicker definition by Webster's New World
- to have a petty quarrel; squabble
- to move with quick, rippling noises: a bickering brook
- to flicker, twinkle, etc.
Origin: Middle English bikeren, uncertain or unknown; perhaps akin to Frisian bikkern, hack, gnaw
- a petty quarrel
- a rippling or pattering sound
- bickerer noun
bicker definition by American Heritage Dictionary
intransitive verb bick·ered, bick·er·ing, bick·ers
- To engage in a petty, bad-tempered quarrel; squabble. See Synonyms at argue.
- To flicker; quiver: “and bicker like a flame” (Robert Browning).
Origin: Middle English bikeren, to attack.
- bickˈer·er noun