The definition of a brawl is a fight or an argument, especially a noisy or violent one.noun
When people start fighting loudly at a party, this is an example of a brawl.
To brawl is to become involved in a noisy or violent fight.verb
When you start punching and fighting someone, this is an example of a time when you brawl.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- to quarrel or fight noisily
- to flow noisily over rapids, falls, etc.: said of water
Origin: ME braulen, to cry out, quarrel; prob. akin to Du brallen, to boast
- a rough, noisy quarrel or fight; row
- Slang a noisy, drunken party
- brawler noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A noisy quarrel or fight.
- A loud party.
- A loud, roaring noise.
- To quarrel or fight noisily.
- To flow noisily, as water.
Origin: Middle English braul, from braullen, to quarrel.
- brawlˈer noun
- brawlˈing·ly adverb