- The definition of a brawl is a fight or an argument, especially a noisy or violent one.
When people start fighting loudly at a party, this is an example of a brawl.
- To brawl is to become involved in a noisy or violent fight.
When you start punching and fighting someone, this is an example of a time when you brawl.
Two men having a brawl.
brawl definition by Webster's New World
- to quarrel or fight noisily
- to flow noisily over rapids, falls, etc.: said of water
Origin: Middle English braulen, to cry out, quarrel; probably akin to Dutch brallen, to boast
- a rough, noisy quarrel or fight; row
- Slang a noisy, drunken party
- brawler noun
brawl definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A noisy quarrel or fight.
- A loud party.
- A loud, roaring noise.
- To quarrel or fight noisily.
- To flow noisily, as water.
Origin: Middle English braul, from braullen, to quarrel.
- brawlˈer noun
- brawlˈing·ly adverb