A dogfight between two World War II era planes.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a rough, violent fight between, or as between, dogs
- Mil. combat as between fighter planes at close quarters
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. A violent fight between or as if between dogs.b. An illegal, organized fight between dogs, arranged for spectator entertainment and betting.
- An aerial battle between fighter planes.
- To arrange illegal dogfights.
- To engage in a dogfight.
- dogˈfightˌer noun