A dogfight between two World War II era planes.
- a rough, violent fight between, or as between, dogs
- Mil. combat as between fighter planes at close quarters
- a. A violent fight between or as if between dogs.b. An illegal, organized fight between dogs, arranged for spectator entertainment and betting.
- An aerial battle between fighter planes.
verbdog·fought, dog·fight·ing, dog·fights
- To arrange illegal dogfights.
- To engage in a dogfight.
(third-person singular simple present dogfights, present participle dogfighting, simple past and past participle dogfought)