A dogfight between two World War II era planes.
dogfight definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a rough, violent fight between, or as between, dogs
- Mil. combat as between fighter planes at close quarters
dogfight definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A violent fight between or as if between dogs.b. An illegal, organized fight between dogs, arranged for spectator entertainment and betting.
- An aerial battle between fighter planes.
- To arrange illegal dogfights.
- To engage in a dogfight.
To engage in a dogfight with.
- dogˈfightˌer noun