beginner[bē gin′ər, bi-]
A little boy who is a beginner at reading.
- a person who begins anything
- a person just beginning to do or learn something; inexperienced, unskilled person; novice
- One that begins.
- One who is just starting to learn or do something; a novice.
- Someone who is just starting at something, or has only recently started.
- I'm pretty new at learning Japanese, I'm just a beginner.
- Someone who sets (puts) something in motion
- The beginner of the games lit the ceremonial torch.