- The vane of a weathervane.
- The sail of a ship.
- A folding section, as of a double door or of a movable partition.
- Either of the two side projections on the back of a wing chair.
- A flat of theatrical scenery projecting onto the stage from the side.
- The fender of a motor vehicle.
An example of a wing is the body part a bird uses for flying.
An example of a wing is the extension on the side of an airplane that aids in flight.
An example of a wing is a extension built on the side of a building.
An example of a wing is a group of extreme liberals.
An example of wing is to add wings onto something so that it can fly.
An example of wing is to throw a paper airplane through the air.
An example of wing is to shoot someone in the arm.
The east wing of the school; the children's wing of the hospital.
Fear lent wings to his feet.
The conservative wing.
Birds winging south for the winter.
Winged me with a snowball.
Decided to wing his remarks to reporters.
Birds winging the air.
Birds winging their way north.
The plane winged the troops back home.
A mythological horse that is winged.
- A (or the) main lateral airfoil of an airplane.
- Either of the inflatable pouches of a pair of water wings.
- A part, extension, or annex of a building, with reference to its location at a side of the main part or its specialized use.The east wing, the surgical wing of a hospital.
- An outlying area, as of an estate.
- Either of the two side extensions of the back of a wing chair.
- Either part of a double door, screen, etc.
- Any of the sidepieces used in stage scenery; also, either side of the stage out of sight of the audience.
- Any winglike anatomical or botanical part, as on some leafstalks or seeds; ala.
- A vane, as of a windmill.
- The section of an army, fleet, etc. to the right (or left) of the center.
- A section or faction, as of a political party, with reference to its radicalism or conservatism.
- An organization affiliated with or subsidiary to a parent organization.
On wings of song.
To wing an arrow at a target.
To take wing.