An example of help is what you would shout if you fall and can't get up.
An example of help is what you are asking for when you ask your neighbor to get your mail.
An example of help is someone who goes out of his way to aid you.
An example of help is when you mow your older neighbor's lawn for free.
An example of help is when tutoring makes your grades get better.
She helped me with my project. I helped her find her book.
Couldn't help laughing.
Help the homeless.
Please help the customer in aisle 20.
Tax breaks to help create jobs; new ways to help the environment; a remark that didn't help the situation.
Medication to help your cold.
I made a cake, and my friend helped.
He has a bad back, and physical therapy hasn't helped.
Do you need help with that package?
You've been a great help. A food processor is a help to the serious cook.
- To give (one in need or trouble) something necessary, as relief, succor, money, etc.To help the poor.
- To do part of the work of; ease or share the labor of.To help someone lift a load.
- To aid in getting (up, down, in, etc. or to, into, out of, etc.).help her into the house.
- To make more effective, larger, more intense, etc.; aid the growth of; promote.A tax to help the schools.
- To cause improvement in; remedy; alleviate; relieve.A medicine that helps a cold.
He can't help coughing.
A misfortune that can't be helped.
He was a great help to me when I was moving house.
I've printed out a list of math helps.
The help is coming round this morning to clean.
Most of the hired help is seasonal, for the harvest.
His suicide attempts were a cry for help.
He really needs help in handling customer complaints.
"He's a real road-rager." / "Yup, he really needs help, maybe anger management."
The white paint on the walls helps make the room look brighter.
If you want to get a job, it helps to have some prior experience.
She was struggling with the groceries, so I offered to help.
We couldn’t help noticing that you were late.
We couldn’t help but notice that you were late.
She’s trying not to smile, but she can’t help herself.
Can I help it if I'm so beautiful?
Can I help it that I fell in love with you?
Are they going to beat us? Not if I can help it!