- Not profitably used or maintained: a wasted inheritance.
- Needless or superfluous: These are wasted words.
- Deteriorated; ravaged: a wasted landscape.
- Frail and enfeebled, as from prolonged illness; emaciated.
- Slang Drunk or intoxicated.
- Archaic Having elapsed.
(comparative more wasted, superlative most wasted)
- Simple past tense and past participle of waste.
- She'd wasted her first day of light.
- Once back in Surry, I wasted no time in telephoning the number Brennan had given me to reach him.
- I think you wasted your freedom.
- Sarah wasted no time beginning her third degree.
- She couldn't help thinking her life had been wasted and hoped she still had a chance to make it up to the one person who mattered.