- An example of clung is two people having had a very long hug.
- An example of clung is a dryer sheet having stuck to a fleece jacket.
The definition of clung means to have stuck, attached or became emotionally attached.
Past tense and past participle of cling
(comparative more clung, superlative most clung)
- (obsolete) wasted away; shrunken
- For a moment she clung to him.
- She began to cry and sob and clung to me.
- His wet pants clung to his legs.
- His little children clung to his knees and spoke loving words to him.
- He didn't like the salt and sand that clung to his skin and clothes.