- An example of clung is two people having had a very long hug.
- An example of clung is a dryer sheet having stuck to a fleece jacket.
The definition of clung means to have stuck, attached or became emotionally attached.
Past tense and past participle of cling
(comparative more clung, superlative most clung)
- (obsolete) wasted away; shrunken
- For a moment she clung to him.
- She began to cry and sob and clung to me.
- His wet pants clung to his legs.
- She tried to brush them off, but they clung desperately to her skin.
- She clung to it as an escape from the turbid waters below the surface of their conversation.