- feeling love; devoted
- expressing love: a loving act
The definition of loving is a devoted person, or an expression of love.
An example of loving is the feeling a mother has toward her child; a loving feeling.
- Feeling love; affectionate.
- Indicative of or exhibiting love.
(usually uncountable, plural lovings)
- The action of the verb to love.
(comparative more loving, superlative most loving)
- Present participle of love.
- I never leave off loving you.
- The little mustang responded smoothly under his loving guidance.
- We all make errors sometimes but those who care keep right on loving us.
- She almost believed Katie's words about Gabriel always loving her.
- He really is a gentle and loving person.