- characterized by devotion or zeal; dedicated
- very loving, loyal, or faithful: a devoted husband
- Obs. doomed
A devoted couple.
The definition of devoted is someone who is very loyal and steadfast in giving love or attention.
A lover who is always by your side and who adores you always is an example of a devoted lover.
- Feeling or displaying strong affection or attachment; ardent: a devoted friend.
- Having been consecrated; dedicated.
(comparative more devoted, superlative most devoted)
- simple past tense and past participle of devote
- It was no surprise both children were so devoted to Alex.
- No one could deny that Alex was a devoted husband and father.
- Having started farming from necessity, he soon grew so devoted to it that it became his favorite and almost his sole occupation.
- The rest of the island is mainly devoted to agriculture.
- She had the children now and she was still a devoted wife.