- that burns
- of the utmost seriousness or importance: a burning issue
- Marked by flames or intense heat: a burning sun.
- Characterized by intense emotion; passionate: a burning desire for justice.
- Of immediate import; urgent: “the issues that seem so burning in Washington” ( John F. Kennedy )
- Present participle of burn.
(comparative more burning, superlative most burning)
- The act by which something burns or is burned.
- A fire.
- The burnings continued all day.
burning - Computer Definition
- His eyes were like burning balls of fire.
- His body was burning up.
- Yully touched her burning cheek.
- He scattered the burning tobacco, smashed the pipe, and threw it away.
- Suddenly he again felt that he was alive and suffering from a burning, lacerating pain in his head.