- performed with the hand below the level of the elbow or the arm below the level of the shoulder: an underhand throw
- underhanded (sense )
- with an underhand motion
- Archaic not openly or straightforwardly
- Sports Executed with the hand brought forward and up from below the level of the shoulder; underarm: an underhand pitch.
- Dishonest and sneaky; underhanded.
- With an underhand movement: Throw the ball underhand.
- In a sly and secret way.
(comparative more underhand, superlative most underhand)
- with an underhand movement
- in a sly, sneaky or secret manner