The definition of stealthy is a person or thing that is quiet and secretive.
An example of stealthy is how sea gulls sneak in and steal food from people picnicking on the beach.
Marked by or acting with quiet, caution, and secrecy intended to avoid notice. See Synonyms at secret.
- It is important to have a stealthy installation, because otherwise it would be far too easy for a thief to pop your hood and clip a couple of wires.
- Normally, signs are relatively minor, and since it is kind of stealthy, symptoms are often interpreted to point to other ailments.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for the Xbox takes everyone's favorite stealthy spy on yet another mission.
- The rest was accomplished by stealthy observation.
- I could just see from the doorway where I stood as a figure emerged from the darkened automobile and moved stealthy toward the back of the house.