- The definition of feline is an animal that belongs to the cat family, or has the characteristics of a cat.
- An example of feline is a Siamese cat.
- An example of feline is a woman house burglar who is stealth and supple.
- A feline is defined as an animal that belongs to the cat family.
An example of a feline is a lion.
A domestic feline.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- of a cat or the cat family
- catlike; esp.,
- crafty, sly, stealthy, etc.
- graceful in a sleek way
Origin: Classical Latin felinus ; from feles, cat
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or belonging to the family Felidae, which includes the lions, tigers, jaguars, and wild and domestic cats; felid.
- Suggestive of a cat, as in suppleness or stealthiness.
Origin: Latin fēlīnus or Late Latin fēlīneus, both from Latin fēlēs, cat.
- feˈlineˌly adverb
- feˈlineˌness, fe·linˈi·ty noun
feline - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.