- The definition of sinuous is winding or not straight.
An example of sinuous used as an adjective is a sinuous highway that is curvy and runs along the coastline.
- bending, winding, or curving in and out; wavy; serpentine
- not straightforward; devious; crooked
- sinuate ()
Origin of sinuousClassical Latin sinuosus ; from sinus, a bend
- Characterized by many curves or turns; winding: a sinuous stream.
- Characterized by supple and lithe movements: the sinuous grace of a dancer.
- Sinuate: a sinuous leaf.
Origin of sinuousFrom Latin sinuōsus, from sinus, curve.
- Having curves in alternate directions; meandering.
- We followed every bend of the sinuous river.
- Moving gracefully and supplely.
- We were entranced by her sinuous dance.