- The definition of sinuous is winding or not straight.
An example of sinuous used as an adjective is a sinuous highway that is curvy and runs along the coastline.
sinuous definition by Webster's New World
- bending, winding, or curving in and out; wavy; serpentine
- not straightforward; devious; crooked
- sinuate ()
Origin: Classical Latin sinuosus ; from sinus, a bend
- sinuously adverb
sinuous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Characterized by many curves or turns; winding: a sinuous stream.
- Characterized by supple and lithe movements: the sinuous grace of a dancer.
- Not direct; devious.
- Sinuate: a sinuous leaf.
Origin: From Latin sinuōsus, from sinus, curve.
- sinˈu·ous·ly adverb
- sinˈu·ous·ness noun