- with the hand over the object it grasps
- performed with the hand raised above the elbow or the arm above the shoulder: an overhand pitch
- designating or of a style of sewing, or a seam, in which the stitches are passed over two edges to sew them together
in an overhand manner
⌂ to sew overhand
Sports an overhand stroke
- Executed with the hand brought forward and down from above the level of the shoulder: an overhand pitch; an overhand stroke.
- Sewn with close, vertical stitches drawing two edges together, with each stitch passing over the seam formed by the edges.
In an overhand manner.
- An overhand throw, stroke, or delivery.
- An overhand stitch or seam.
transitive verbo·ver·hand·ed, o·ver·hand·ing, o·ver·hands
To sew with overhand stitches.
Albert Costa of Spain preparing for the 2003 French Open
- In such a manner