performed by raising the arm above the shoulder, as a swimming stroke
- Executed with the arm raised above the shoulder; overhand: an overarm throw.
- Of, relating to, or being a stroke in swimming that is begun with the arm lifted and stretched forward over the shoulder.
transitive verbo·ver·armed, o·ver·arm·ing, o·ver·arms
To supply (a nation, for example) with an excess of weaponry, especially nuclear missiles.
- Throwing while having the hand above the elbow
- Having the hand above the arm at the time of throwing
- In cricket, one must only bowl overarm.
over- +â€Ž arm