- The definition of Machiavellian is related to the crafty and deceitful principles in Machiavelli's book The Prince.
An example of something Machiavellian is the idea of using schemes to obtain political power; a Machiavellian idea.
- Machiavellian is defined as a person who follows Machiavelli's ideas of deceitfulness in The Prince.
An example of a Machiavellian is a person who will lie and cheat to get the throne.
- of Machiavelli
- of, like, or characterized by the political principles and methods of expediency, craftiness, and duplicity set forth in Machiavelli's book, The Prince; crafty, deceitful, etc.
- Of or relating to Machiavelli or Machiavellianism.
- Suggestive of or characterized by expediency, deceit, and cunning.
- Ma′chi·a·vel′li·an, Ma′chi·a·vel′list
(comparative more machiavellian, superlative most machiavellian)
- Alternative form of Machiavellian.