- not wound and therefore not running, as a spring-operated clock
- in poor physical condition, as from overwork; debilitated
- fallen into disrepair; dilapidated
Cindy's backyard is run down and neglected so she hired a landscape designer to fix it.
- The definition of run down is someone or something that is not looking good and that has become dilapidated or disheveled, often due to neglect.
- An example of run down is a person who has a cold and who looks tired and worn out.
- An example of run down is a house in foreclosure on which the owners haven't done any repairs for the last ten years.
- Run down means a detailed description or analysis of something.
When a senior tells a junior all about the teacher and the type of tests to expect, this is an example of a run down.
- This gives a run-down of their basic stats, abilities, and other information.
- Follow this example of an organized list for every area of your home until you have a meticulous run-down of everything that needs to be done in order to keep your home maintained and in tip-top shape.
- Whether you're looking for a strategy, action or sports video game, we've got it covered as we give you the run-down of the best new video game releases for the 2005 Christmas season.
- It started out as a small 60's style run-down house with one bathroom, and we tore it down and rebuilt it as 3,600 square feet home with five bedrooms and three bathrooms.
- While you can't judge a player by the specifications, a quick run-down of the vital stats for each device is a good way to get a feel for what they're capable of.