- The definition of run down is someone or something that is not looking good and that has become dilapidated or disheveled, often due to neglect.
- An example of run down is a person who has a cold and who looks tired and worn out.
- An example of run down is a house in foreclosure on which the owners haven't done any repairs for the last ten years.
- Run down means a detailed description or analysis of something.
When a senior tells a junior all about the teacher and the type of tests to expect, this is an example of a run down.
- not wound and therefore not running, as a spring-operated clock
- in poor physical condition, as from overwork; debilitated
- fallen into disrepair; dilapidated