Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- bitten by a flea or fleas
- infested with fleas
- wretched; decrepit; shabby
- light-colored with reddish-brown spots: said of horses
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Covered with fleas or fleabites.
- Informal Seedy; dilapidated: a flea-bitten couch.
- Having a pale coat with reddish-brown flecks. Used of horses.