- Archaic a rung, or round, as of a ladder
- any of the bars in a lantern pinion
- something that rotates, as a wheel or the drum of a capstan
Origin of rundleMiddle English rundel: see roundel
- (obsolete) A round; a step of a ladder; a rung.
- (obsolete) A ball.
- (obsolete) Something that rotates about an axis, such as a wheel or the drum of a capstan.
- An axis or cylinder having a rundle about it. "” Bishop Wilkins.
- (engineering, obsolete) One of the pins or trundles of a lantern wheel.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.