Fingernails on a chalkboard.
- The definition of a peeve is an annoyance.
An example of a peeve is the sound of finger nails sliding down a blackboard.
- Peeve is defined as to annoy.
An example of peeve is to constantly make fun of someone.
Origin of peeveback-formation ; from peevish
- an object of dislike; annoyance
- a peevish state
transitive verbpeeved, peev·ing, peeves
- A vexation; a grievance: My pet peeve is when people chew gum during a lecture.
- A resentful mood: in a peeve about the delays.
Origin of peeveBack-formation from peevish.
(third-person singular simple present peeves, present participle peeving, simple past and past participle peeved)
Back-formation from peevish.