- Partake is defined as to participate or take.
- An example of partake is singing a song while out with friends at a karaoke club.
- An example of partake is having a cocktail while out with friends at a bar.
A woman partakes of a cocktail.
partake definition by Webster's New World
- to take part (in an activity); participate
- to take a portion or take some; specif., to eat or drink something, esp. in company with others: usually with of
- to have or show a trace (of); have some of the qualities (of)
Origin: back-formation ; from partaker, contr. of part taker, translated, translation of Classical Latin particeps ; from pars, part plush capere, to take: see have
- partaker noun
partake definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb par·took , par·tak·en , par·tak·ing, par·takes verb, intransitive
- To take or have a part or share; participate.
- To take or be given part or portion: The guests partook of a delicious dinner.
- To have part of the quality, nature, or character of something.
Origin: Back-formation from partaker, one who partakes, from Middle English part-taker (translation of Latin particeps, participant).
- par·takˈer noun