- The definition of mystic is things that have to do with the occult or are mysterious.
- An example of mystic is psychic powers.
- An example of mystic is a story about magically powers.
- Mystic is defined as someone who has mysterious or occultish powers.
An example of mystic is a clairvoyant.
mystic definition by Webster's New World
- of mysteries, or esoteric rites or doctrines
- of obscure or occult character or meaning: mystic powers
- beyond human comprehension; mysterious or enigmatic
- filling one with wonder or awe
- having magic power
Origin: Middle English mistik ; from Classical Latin mysticus ; from Classical Greek mystikos, belonging to secret rites ; from mystēs, one initiated: see mystery
- a person initiated into esoteric mysteries
- a believer in mysticism; specif., one who professes to undergo mystical experiences and so to comprehend intuitively truths beyond human understanding
mystic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to religious mysteries or occult rites and practices.
- Of or relating to mysticism or mystics.
- Inspiring a sense of mystery and wonder.
- a. Mysterious; strange.b. Enigmatic; obscure.
Origin: Middle English mystik, from Latin mysticus, from Greek mustikos, from mustēs, initiate; see mystery1.