- The definition of mystical is having a spiritual or mysterious reality.
An example of something mystical is the ability to communicate with the dead.
- spiritually significant or symbolic; allegorical
- of mystics or mysticism; esp., relating to or based on intuition, contemplation, or meditation of a spiritual nature
- mystic ()
- Rare mysterious; enigmatic
- Of, relating to, or stemming from mysticism or immediate understanding of spiritual matters, especially when experienced as direct communion with God: a mystical trance; a mystical treatise.
- Symbolic or allegorical, especially with regard to spirituality: a mystical interpretation of a parable.
- a. Awe-inspiring or mysterious: “Had his dabbling in the unknown awakened a liking for more mystical sounds, the magical conjuring of sea upon the shore?” (Daphne du Maurier).b. Believed or maintained with awe or deep respect, especially when contrary to or lacking factual evidence: mystical theories about the securities market.
- Of or relating to mystic rites or practices: stones arranged in a mystical circle.
(comparative more mystical, superlative most mystical)
From mystic +"Ž -al