- of or characteristic of Orpheus or the mystic doctrines and rites in worship of Dionysus ascribed to him
- like the music attributed to Orpheus; entrancing
- mystic; occult; oracular
Origin of OrphicClassical Latin Orphicus ; from Classical Greek Orphikos
- Greek Mythology Of or ascribed to Orpheus: the Orphic poems; Orphic mysteries.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of the dogmas, mysteries, and philosophical principles set forth in the poems ascribed to Orpheus.
- Capable of casting a charm or spell; entrancing.
- often orphic Mystic or occult.
Origin of OrphicGreek Orphikos, from Orpheus, Orpheus.