- A toaster that doesn't toast bread is an example of a faulty toaster.
- When you add 2+2 and get 5, this is an example of faulty reasoning.
- When someone is a weak and not very nice person, this is an example of faulty character.
Origin of faultyMiddle English fauti
- Containing a fault or defect; imperfect or defective.
- Obsolete Deserving of blame; guilty.
(comparative faultier, superlative faultiest)
- Nouns to which "faulty" is often applied: goods, equipment, product, wiring, construction, memory, thinking, design, hardware, software, unit, part, component, assumption, reasoning, premise, gene, operation, technique, merchandise, circuit, code, analysis, posture, machine, method, habit, process, communication.
fault + -y