- The definition of childish is a person or thing that is silly, immature, like a child or directed at children.
- A teenager who still throws tantrums is an example of childish.
- A woman who plays with dolls is an example of childish.
- Dr. Suess is an example of a childish book writer.
A girl behaviing in a childish manner.
- of, like, or characteristic of a child
- not fit for an adult; immature; silly
Origin of childishMiddle English ; from Old English cildisc: see child and amp; -ish
- Of, relating to, or suitable for a child or childhood: a high, childish voice; childish nightmares.
- Marked by or indicating a lack of maturity; puerile: tired of your childish pranks. See Synonyms at young.
(comparative more childish, superlative most childish)
- Of or suitable for a child.
- Behaving immaturely.
- Your childish temper tantrums are not going to change my decision on this matter.