- The definition of childish is a person or thing that is silly, immature, like a child or directed at children.
- A teenager who still throws tantrums is an example of childish.
- A woman who plays with dolls is an example of childish.
- Dr. Suess is an example of a childish book writer.
A girl behaviing in a childish manner.
childish definition by Webster's New World
- of, like, or characteristic of a child
- not fit for an adult; immature; silly
Origin: Middle English ; from Old English cildisc: see child and amp; -ish
childish definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or suitable for a child or childhood: a high, childish voice; childish nightmares.
- a. Marked by or indicating a lack of maturity; puerile: tired of your childish pranks.b. Not complicated; simple.c. Affected mentally by old age; senile.
- childˈish·ly adverb
- childˈish·ness noun