- of or having to do with infants or infancy
- like, suitable for, or characteristic of an infant; babyish; childish or childlike; immature
- in the earliest stage of development
Origin of infantileClassical Latin infantilis
- Of or relating to infants or infancy.
- Displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity; childish: infantile behavior; an infantile remark. See Synonyms at young.
Origin of infantileMiddle English infantil, from Latin &imacron;nfant&imacron;lis, from &imacron;nfans, &imacron;nfant-, infant; see infant.