(in′fən tīl′, -til)
- of or having to do with infants or infancy
- like, suitable for, or characteristic of an infant; babyish; childish or childlike; immature
- in the earliest stage of development
See infantile in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of or relating to infants or infancy.
- Displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity; childish: infantile behavior; an infantile remark.
Origin: Middle English infantil
Origin: , from Latin īnfantīlis
Origin: , from īnfāns, īnfant-, infant; see infant
Learn more about infantile