- full of ceremony
- characterized by conventional usages or formality; very polite
- excessively formal or proper
See ceremonious in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Strictly observant of or devoted to ceremony, ritual, or etiquette; punctilious: “borne on silvery trays by ceremonious world-weary waiters” (Financial Times).
a. Characterized by ceremony.
b. In accord with prescribed or customary usage; rigidly formal.
- cerˌe·moˈni·ous·ly adverb
- cerˌe·moˈni·ous·ness noun
Learn more about ceremonious