- The definition of cancellation is the act of cancelling something, or saying that something is no longer going to happen.
When you had scheduled a reservation and you decide not to go so you call the restaurant and let them know, the phone call is an example of a cancellation.
cancellation definition by Webster's New World
- the act of canceling
- something canceled
- the mark or marks showing that something is canceled
cancellation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or an instance of canceling.
- A mark or a perforation indicating canceling.
- Something canceled, especially a released accommodation or an unfilled appointment.
cancellation - Investment & Finance Definition
cancellation - Legal Definition
- The act, or the marks or perforations made in the act, of canceling something.
- A remedy by which a court calls in, annuls, and retains possession of a void or rescinded written legal document because it may cause unnecessary litigation or make a person’s title to property unclear. For example, a court may call in, annul, and retain possession of a void deed to real estate that a party used to falsely claim title to someone else’s real property, in order to prevent any such claims in the future.