- Dissolution is defined as ending or breaking apart.
An example of dissolution is death.
- a breaking up or into parts; disintegration
- the termination, as of a business, association, or union
- the ending of life; death
- the dismissal of an assembly or adjournment of a meeting
Origin of dissolutionMiddle English dissolucioun ; from Classical Latin dissolutio
- Decomposition into fragments or parts; disintegration.
- Indulgence in sensual pleasures; debauchery.
- Termination or extinction by disintegration or dispersion: The dissolution of the empire was remarkably swift.
- Extinction of life; death.
- Annulment or termination of a formal or legal bond or relationship.
- Formal dismissal of an assembly or legislature.
- Reduction to a liquid form; liquefaction.
dissolution - Investment & Finance Definition
The process of legally dissolving a corporation. Dissolution is achieved when a company’s lenders are paid off, property and assets are sold, and any remaining cash is distributed to the company’s shareholders.
dissolution - Legal Definition