Disintegration is defined as the process of becoming weak or falling apart.
An example of disintegration is the process of a sand castle being washed away by water.
- the act or process of disintegrating
- Nuclear Physics any change in a nucleus of an atom, whether spontaneous or induced, in which one or more particles, photons, etc. are emitted
- The act or process of disintegrating.
- The state of being disintegrated.
- The natural or induced transformation of an atomic nucleus from a more massive to a less massive configuration by the emission of particles or radiation.
- A process by which anything disintegrates.
- The condition of anything which has disintegrated.
- (geology) A wearing away or falling to pieces of rocks or strata, produced by atmospheric action, frost, ice, etc.
disintegrate + -ion