- To disintegrate is defined as to break apart and fall to pieces.
An example of disintegrate is the way a cookie falls apart in a glass of milk.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
verb dis·in·te·grat·ed, dis·in·te·grat·ing, dis·in·te·grates verb, intransitive
- To become reduced to components, fragments, or particles.
- To lose cohesion or unity: pressures that cause families to disintegrate
- Physics & Chemistry To decompose, decay, or undergo a nuclear transformation.
- dis·inˈte·graˌtive adjective
- dis·inˈte·graˌtor noun