The definition of an annihilation is the entire and complete destruction of a place, thing or group.
An example of an annihilation is the bombing of an entire town and the resulting murder of all the residents.
- a. The act or process of annihilating.b. The condition of having been annihilated; utter destruction.
- Physics The phenomenon in which a particle and an antiparticle, such as an electron and a positron, meet and are converted to a combination of energy or energetic particles approximately equivalent to the sum of their masses.
- The act of reducing to nothing, or nonexistence; or the act of destroying the form or combination of parts under which a thing exists, so that the name can no longer be applied to it; as, the annihilation of a corporation.
- The state of being annihilated.
- (physics) The process of a particle and its corresponding antiparticle combining to produce energy.