- the act or process of disintegrating
- Nuclear Physics any change in a nucleus of an atom, whether spontaneous or induced, in which one or more particles, photons, etc. are emitted
Disintegration is defined as the process of becoming weak or falling apart.
An example of disintegration is the process of a sand castle being washed away by water.
- The act or process of disintegrating.
- The state of being disintegrated.
- The natural or induced transformation of an atomic nucleus from a more massive to a less massive configuration by the emission of particles or radiation.
- A process by which anything disintegrates.
- The condition of anything which has disintegrated.
- (geology) A wearing away or falling to pieces of rocks or strata, produced by atmospheric action, frost, ice, etc.
disintegrate + -ion
- A period of disintegration ensued.
- In the disintegration of parties the Liberals suffered most.
- The extent to which communal independence had been maintained in Italy through all the centuries of its political disintegration was strongly in its favor.
- The tendency of the evolution of intelligence is towards the disintegration of the stereotyped modes of response and the dissolution of instinct.
- There is no doubt that the disintegration caused by monophysitism largely facilitated the rapid and easy victory of Islam in Syria and Egypt.