Dissipation is defined as the act of scattering around or being wasteful.noun
When you spend money and resources carelessly, this is an example of dissipation.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- a scattering or being scattered; dispersion
- a wasting or squandering
- an idle or frivolous amusement or diversion
- indulgence in pleasure to the point of harming oneself; intemperance; dissoluteness
Origin: ME dissipacioun < L dissipatio: see dissipate
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of dissipating or the condition of having been dissipated.
- Wasteful expenditure or consumption.
- Dissolute indulgence in sensual pleasure; intemperance.
- An amusement; a diversion.
dissipation - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.