- To brag is defined as to talk proudly or boast about a personal accomplishment.
An example of to brag is telling your family about your great promotion and salary increase.
brag definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Middle English braggen ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
- boastful talk or manner
- Informal anything boasted of; boast
- a braggart
- an old card game, much like poker
- bragger noun
brag definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb bragged bragged, brag·ging, brags verb, intransitive
- A boast.
- Arrogant or boastful speech or manner.
- Something boasted of.
- A braggart; a boaster.
- Games A card game similar to poker.
Origin: Middle English braggen, from brag, ostentatious.
- bragˈger noun