- a person or thing that puffs
- either of two families (esp. Tetraodontidae, order Tetraodontiformes) of small, marine bony fishes capable of expanding their body by swallowing water or air
- One that puffs: a puffer of cigars; used a puffer to apply insecticide.
- See pufferfish.
- A quilted, fitted jacket filled with down or other material for warmth.
- Someone or something that puffs.
- Any of several poisonous fish, of the family Tetraodontidae, which have the ability to puff themselves up when in danger.
- (slang) A car left idling to warm up, emitting steam from the rear.
- (cellular automata) A finite pattern that moves like a spaceship but leaves a trail of debris.
- A manually-operated inhaler.
- (childish) A train; a locomotive.
- (dated, slang) One who is employed by the owner or seller of goods sold at auction to bid up the price; a by-bidder.
- The common, or harbour, porpoise.
- A kier used in dyeing.
- (glassblowing) A soffietta.