- The definition of antic is something odd and funny.
Very silly humor is an example of antic.
- An antic is defined as a silly act.
A drunk person singing at the top of their lungs in the middle of a crowded restaurant is an example of an antic.
antic definition by Webster's New World
- Archaic fantastic and queer; grotesquealso antick
- odd and funny; ludicrous
Origin: Italian antico ; from Classical Latin antiquus: see antique
- a playful, silly, or ludicrous act, trick, etc.; prank; caper
- Archaic a clown or buffoon
antic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A ludicrous or extravagant act or gesture; a caper.
- Archaic A buffoon, especially a performing clown.
Origin: From Italian antico, ancient (used of grotesque designs on some ancient Roman artifacts), from Latin antīquus, former, old; see ant- in Indo-European roots.
- anˈti·cal·ly adverb