- an altering or being altered
- the result of this; change
The definition of an alteration is a revision.
Remodeling a house is an example of an alteration.
- The act or procedure of altering.
- The condition resulting from altering; modification.
- The act of altering or making different.
- The state of being altered; a change made in the form or nature of a thing; changed condition.
OriginSee also: altération
From Old French alteracion (French altération), from Medieval Latin alterātiō.
alteration - Legal Definition
- No alteration may be made in credits necessary for carrying out a law.
- The excuse for which the government had been waiting Alteration was thus provided, and two days later the Duma was by ukaz dissolved.
- This alteration improved the operating conditions in three ways.
- If a surface intended to be flat is affected with a slight general curvature, a remedy may be found in an alteration of focus, and the remedy is the less complete as the reflection is more oblique.
- This alteration of charge caused a corresponding change in the mutual attraction of the plates of the condenser; hence the flexible plate was made to copy the vibrations of the diaphragm of the transmitter.