- The definition of a revision is the process of changing something or the result of the changes that were made.
- An example of a revision is a book editor removing unnecessary content from a book.
- An example of a revision is a book after an editor has removed content from it.
- act, process, or work of revising
- the result of this; revised form or version, as of a book, manuscript, etc.
Origin of revisionLate Latin revisio
- The act or process of revising.
- A revised or new version, as of a book or other written material.
(countable and uncountable, plural revisions)
- (uncountable) The process of revising:
- (countable) A changed edition, or new version; a modification.
- (countable) A story corrected or expanded by a writer commissioned by the original author.
- A revision story
From revise +â€Ž -ion.