- The definition of a revision is the process of changing something or the result of the changes that were made.
- An example of a revision is a book editor removing unnecessary content from a book.
- An example of a revision is a book after an editor has removed content from it.
revision definition by Webster's New World
- act, process, or work of revising
- the result of this; revised form or version, as of a book, manuscript, etc.
Origin: Late Latin revisio
revision definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or process of revising.
- A revised or new version, as of a book or other written material.
- re·viˈsion·arˌy adjective