- to write again
- to write over in different words or a different form; revise
- ⌂ to write (news turned in by a reporter) in a form suitable for publication
verbre·wrote , re·writ·ten , re·writ·ing, re·writes
- To write again, especially in a different or improved form; revise.
- To put (material submitted to a newspaper or magazine) in a form suitable for publishing.
- Computers To save (a usually altered file) over its most recent version in the same storage location.
- The act or an instance of rewriting.
- Something rewritten.
- re·writ′a·ble, re·write′a·ble
- The act of writing again or anew.
- Something that has been written again.
(third-person singular simple present rewrites, present participle rewriting, simple past rewrote, past participle rewritten)
- The verb "restate" has analogous senses "to state again" and "to rephrase, to state again differently".
re- +"Ž write