- When a plan is in place and you make a slight change to the plan such as building a wall one inch taller, this is an example of modification.
- The small change you make such as building a wall one inch taller is also an example of a modification.
Modification is a change that is made, or is the act of changing something.
a modifying or being modified; specif.,
- a partial or slight change in form or content
- a product or result of such a change
- Biol. a change in an organism caused by its environment and not inheritable
- Linguis. a change in the form of a morpheme (Ex.: foot, feet; bath, bathe)
Origin of modificationMiddle French ; from Classical Latin modificatio ; from past participle of modificare: see modify
- The act or process of modifying or the condition of being modified.
- A change or a result produced by modifying: new modifications in the car's design.
- Linguistics a. A change undergone by a word that is borrowed from another language.b. A phonological change undergone by a word or morpheme when it is used in a construction, as the change of will to 'll in they'll.
- mod′i·fi·ca′to·ry , mod′i·fi·ca′tive
- the act or result of modifying or the condition of being modified
- an alteration or adjustment to something
- a change to an organism as a result of its environment that is not transmissable to offspring
- (linguistics) a change to a word when it is borrowed by another language
- (linguistics) the change undergone by a word when used in a construction (for instance am => 'm in I'm)