- so declared, but without proof or legal conviction: the alleged assassin
- called by this term, but perhaps improperly so; so-called: his alleged friends
- The definition of alleged is some claim or something of which you should be wary and unconvinced.
An example of something that is alleged is a new drug that is advertised to help lose weight instantly.
- The definition of alleged is something that has been stated but not necessarily confirmed.
An example of someone who is alleged is person who has been arrested for a crime who has not yet been through the process of trial.
- simple past tense and past participle of allege
- It's alleged he uses multiple aliases.
- It remains to mention his alleged services to literature.
- The " Mecklenburg Declaration," which it is alleged was passed on the 10th of the same month by the same committee, " dissolves the political bonds " which have connected the county with the mother country, " absolves " the citizens of that county " from all allegiance to the British Crown," declares them " a free and independent people," and abounds in other phrases which closely resemble phrases in the great Declaration of the 4th of July 1776.
- In March we find him unscrupulously eager in the prosecution of the alleged Irish Catholic plot.
- When did they find these alleged bones?