- The definition of alleged is some claim or something of which you should be wary and unconvinced.
An example of something that is alleged is a new drug that is advertised to help lose weight instantly.
- The definition of alleged is something that has been stated but not necessarily confirmed.
An example of someone who is alleged is person who has been arrested for a crime who has not yet been through the process of trial.
- so declared, but without proof or legal conviction: the alleged assassin
- called by this term, but perhaps improperly so; so-called: his alleged friends
- simple past tense and past participle of allege