- so declared, but without proof or legal conviction: the alleged assassin
- called by this term, but perhaps improperly so; so-called: his alleged friends
- The definition of alleged is some claim or something of which you should be wary and unconvinced.
An example of something that is alleged is a new drug that is advertised to help lose weight instantly.
- The definition of alleged is something that has been stated but not necessarily confirmed.
An example of someone who is alleged is person who has been arrested for a crime who has not yet been through the process of trial.
- simple past tense and past participle of allege
- It's alleged he uses multiple aliases.
- It remains to mention his alleged services to literature.
- When did they find these alleged bones?
- The " Mecklenburg Declaration," which it is alleged was passed on the 10th of the same month by the same committee, " dissolves the political bonds " which have connected the county with the mother country, " absolves " the citizens of that county " from all allegiance to the British Crown," declares them " a free and independent people," and abounds in other phrases which closely resemble phrases in the great Declaration of the 4th of July 1776.
- But once the order is confirmed by the Board, with or without modifications, it has effect as if it had been enacted by parliament, and it cannot afterwards be upset on the ground of any alleged irregularity in the proceedings.