- fixed or set, as by agreement
- declared, esp. in specific terms; expressed
- An example of stated is a price quote that will not change.
- An example of stated is a sentence saying who the current president is.
- Simple past tense and past participle of state.
- Settled; established; fixed.
- Recurring at a regular time; not occasional.
- stated preaching
- stated business hours
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- "I'm not like him," Alex stated firmly.
- Len colored and glanced at Connie, who dimpled and firmly stated, "Yes."
- "You started your period," he stated flatly.
- Duclaux stated that the yeast question as regards low fermentation has been solved by Hansen's investigations.
- And, in fact, the last letter he had received from Mack's army informed him of a victory and stated strategically the position of the army was very favorable.