- simple past tense and past participle of deny
- When you request permission to go to New York and are told that you may not go, this is an example of a situation where you were denied.
- When you are asked if you know someone that you were having a secret affair with and you say "no," this is an example of when you denied knowing someone.
- When your friend asks to borrow your boat and you say no, this is an example of when you denied permission.
Denied is defined as something that was not approved or admitted, or to refuse to approve or admit.
- This natural exchange of ideas is denied to the deaf child.
- It denied entrance to its own master.
- You denied me, despite what I'd call a fairly strong relationship.
- Apparently Señor Medena had two children who denied him.
- But the clipped steps on the porch denied it.