- an acquiring or being acquired
- something acquired, as a skill or ability gained by learning
- The act of acquiring.
- An attainment, such as a skill or social accomplishment.
- The act of acquiring, or that which is acquired; attainment.
- Acquirement is used in opposition to a natural gift or talent. For example, eloquence, and skill in music and painting are acquirements, whereas genius is the gift or endowment of nature. It denotes especially personal attainments, in opposition to material or external things gained, which are more usually called acquisitions; but this distinction is not always observed.
From acquire + -ment.