An example of to fight is for a teenager to argue with his mother over his curfew.
An example of to fight is to remain strong through a battle with cancer.
Fought my way to the top.
An example of a fight is a boxing match.
A fight for the attainment of civil rights.
Fought against graft; fighting for her rights.
I just didn't have any fight left in me.
To fight one's way to the top.
Full of fight.
They are always fighting about money.
Newlyweds having a fight over chores.
To fight a head cold, legislation to fight poverty.
- To combat one evil or one set of negative circumstances by reacting in kind.
- To avoid meeting or confronting.
- To fight until one side is defeated.
- To repel an attack by.
- To struggle to avoid.To fight off starvation.
Origin of fight
- Middle English fighten from Old English feohtan, fihtan
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition